The board of directors for the World Steel Association (Worldsteel) has elected the following new officers for the 2019-2020 period at the Worldsteel General Assembly in Monterrey, Mexico. Worldsteel features members from every major steel-producing country. It represents steel producers, national and regional steel industry associations and steel research institutes. Members represent 85 percent of global steel production.
The following new officers have been elected for a one-year period:
• Chairman Yu Yong, chairman, HBIS Group Co. Ltd.;
• Vice Chairman Sajjan Jindal, chairman and managing director at JSW Steel Ltd.;
• Vice Chairman André Johannpeter, executive vice chairman at Gerdau S.A.; and
• Treasurer Roger Newport, chief executive officer at AK Steel.
In addition, Worldsteel’s board of directors also elected its 2019-2020 executive committee:
• Chen Derong, chairman of the board, China Baowu Steel Group Corp. Ltd.;
• Jeong-Woo Choi, chief executive officer, Posco;
• Eiji Hashimoto, representative director and president, Nippon Steel Corp.;
• Sajjan Jindal, chairman and managing director, JSW Steel Ltd.;
• André Johannpeter, executive vice chairman, Gerdau S.A.;
• Koji Kakigi, president and CEO, JFE Steel Corp.;
• Lakshmi Mittal, chairman and chief executive officer, ArcelorMittal;
• Alexey Mordashov, chairman of the board of directors, Severstal (PAO);
• Thachat Viswanath Narendran, chief executive officer and managing director, Tata Steel Ltd.;
• Roger Newport, chief executive officer, AK Steel Corp.;
• Paolo Rocca, president and CEO, Techint Group;
• Leon Topalian, president and chief operating officer, Nucor Corp.;
• Yu Yong, chairman, HBIS Group Co. Ltd.; and
• Edwin Basson, director general, World Steel Association.