Erema Group, Ansfelden, Austria, has acquired 60 percent of the recycling machine manufacturer Plasmac Srl Jan. 1 to further expand its range of tailor-made plastic recycling solutions for in-house applications. The remaining 40 percent of the recycling machine manufacturer is owned by Syncro Group, a manufacturer in Italy that makes equipment for the blown film industry.
Plasmac has been active worldwide as a manufacturer of recycling plants since 1994 and was previously based in Aylesbury, England. In June 2018 the Syncro Group relocated the business to Busto Arsizio, Italy, and in January 2019 Plasmac Srl was established. The CEO of Plasmac Srl is Gabriele Caccia will serve as the CEO of Plasmac Srl. He is also CEO of the Syncro Group.
Plasmac has comprehensive expertise in edge trim recycling and their Alpha direct feed extruder and Omega shredder-extruder system offers easy-to-use solutions for throughputs of up to 250 kilograms per hour. This range is supplemented by the Powerfeed edge trim transport system.
“These machines and components expand our product range of systems for straightforward standard applications in the in-house segment, which is very important to us,” says Manfred Hackl, CEO of the Erema Group.
“The Syncro know-how in the blown film industry and our worldwide company group network are valuable contributions to a successful cooperation,” Caccia adds.
Hackl adds that the acquisition of a stake in Plasmac is a step toward maintaining Erema’s market position. “It enables us to offer in-house customers tailor-made recycling solutions with an attractive price/performance ratio so that our group of companies can reach new customer groups and markets.”
Caccia says he is also looking forward to working together as part of the Erema Group. “All companies involved will benefit from the partnership with the world market leader in plastics recycling technology.”