The Mumbai-based Material Recycling Association of India (MRAI) has scheduled a conference titled Sustainable Growth Through Recycling: Policy Prescriptions for Aug. 6, 2018, in New Delhi.
“Whilst several policies, acts and rules have been framed by the Central Government and its departments, an overarching National Material Recycling Policy that would holistically address material recycling has not yet been framed,” writes Amar Singh, MRAI secretary general.
In an effort to understand best practices in various segments of the global recycling industry, including country-specific legislation and rules, MRAI “has leveraged its outreach to invite international experts and industry association leaders to share their best practices during a first of its kind international conference,” adds Singh.
Sustainable Growth Through Material Recycling: Policy Prescriptions will take place Monday, Aug. 6, at an auditorium in the Chanakyapuri embassy district of New Delhi.
Among those scheduled to participate in the event are representatives from several Indian ministries and agencies. The keynote address will be delivered by Surendra Borad Patawari, the chairman of Belgium-based trading firm Gemini Corp.
Also on the program for the event are:
- Dhawal Shah of the MRAI and Mumbai-based Metco Marketing (India) Pvt. Ltd.;
- Murat Bayram of United Kingdom-based European Metal Recycling (EMR);
- Mohan Agarwal, of India’s Century Metal Recycling;
- Manoj Mehta, of Mumbai-based MTC Business Pvt. Ltd.; and
- Adina Renee Adler and Joe Pickard of the Washington-based Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries (ISRI).
Those seeking more information on the one-day conference can contact the MRAI at firstname.lastname@example.org.